Dear All Affiliated Clubs and Rowers

I can assure you that the Welsh Sea Rowing committee is monitoring this situation very carefully and will keep you updated when guidance from British Rowing and NHS changes. The latest advice from British Rowing and NHS links have been enclosed below so that you can also keep a close observation on the latest advice to pass on to other clubs members through the appropriate communication channels. At this time all events will go ahead as planned unless you hear otherwise from the organisers or Welsh Sea Rowing Committee. The committee would ask that any rowers that feel unwell do not attend any planned events to ensure that the any virus can be contained.

I can confirm that the Teifi Skiff Race planned for tomorrow has been cancelled due to safety boat availability. However, I have been informed that the organisers are now running a social event instead and those wishing to attend will need to meet up at the organised location at 09:00hrs to be updated on the social row plans.

Kind regards

Andrew Richards


British Rowing Update on Coronavirus (Covid-19)

British Rowing News, Events and Clubs, Rowing Community

British Rowing continues to follow the latest updates in relation to the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19).

Advice for the British Rowing Community

25 February 2020 – At this stage, British Rowing does not feel any rowing specific advice is required beyond that issued for the general public.  This advice can be found on the NHS website and more information on the government’s response can be found here.

As always if you feel unwell, you should not row and should seek appropriate medical advice.

British Rowing will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as required.  All updates will be posted to this page.

Last reviewed: 12 March 2020 – following the latest British Rowing cornavirus COVID-19 Monitoring Group Meeting

International Events
  • 10 Mar – FISA announces the decision to cancel a number of international events including World Cup I and II.
    We fully appreciate the early notice from FISA and understand the decision made regarding the upcoming World Cups. The safety of competitors and spectators is paramount.As a team, we have taken the decision to move our upcoming April training camp from Varese to Portugal and will be reviewing our upcoming travel plans in line with advice from government and health agencies.Our primary focus is still on training and preparing to deliver exceptional performances at the Olympic and Paralympic Games this summer.
  • 25 Feb – For information, FISA issued an update in relation to international rowing following advice from the World Health Organisation and the IOC/IPC.